Second Indian widower of murder-victim suspected
20 December 2010 Leave a comment
Why are the SAPS so often trying so hard to implicate the victims’ family or friends for murders instead of looking for the real killers?
It’s a growing pattern of ‘crime-solving’ in the South African police service – they increasingly try to ‘find evidence’ to implicate friends or family for murders while the real criminals get away. Why?
December 19 2010 – MONTCLAIR, KZN, South Africa. In an identical incident to the dreadful execution-style murder in Gugulethu, Cape Town of Asian-UK wife Anni Dewani – whose widower Shrien now is being openly accused by the SA police commissioner of paying for his wife’s assassination – a second very similar incident has now come to light. Rajive, the husband of hijacking-murder victim Mrs Shenaaz Sewnarain, now is under suspicion after the mother of his two daughters was found shot dead in Montclair two Fridays ago. The couple also was hijacked – and the case is showing all the hallmarks of becoming another SAPS-propaganda campaign.
Very similar to Anni Dewani’s execution-style murder:
Mrs Dewani, above on her wedding day, was also shot dead execution-style while on honeymoon with her husband Shrien – who now is fighting extradition from the UK, saying he will not e able to get a fair trial in South Africa. He has also hired PR-specialists to wage a counter-media campaign against the SAPS relentless propaganda they keep spreading against him:
- Dewani’s PR-man goes on the offensive against SAPS
- Dewani wedding video released http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6hAUppbUTk&feature=player_embedded
Second attack on the Sewnarain family within a month:
Two Fridays ago, Mrs Sewnarain, 40, was also found shot dead inside a hired car which was then abandoned in the township of Folweni, near Amanzimtoti. Her husband, Rajive Sewnarain, had hired the car because the family’s own car was riddled with bullets from a previous attack on November 12. “On that occasion a ‘ beggar at a stop street had shot at the couple”, reports the newspaper. ” Shenaaz was hit in the upper body but survived; her husband who was driving, “was unharmed,” they added.
Widower ‘questioned’ by Prospecton’s organised crime unit…
This week Mrs Sewnarain’s widower was questioned by police at the Prospecton Organised Crime unit. The Tribune quoted police as saying that the husband, Mr Rajive Sewnarain,’had accompanied them to the scene of the crime.”
Mother was frightened of going out after first attack:
It was reported that the Sewnarains’ children, Srikesh and Srivastha, said their mother had ‘reluctantly gone out to buy supper’ and had called home several times.The children said they became worried when their parents did not return after Shenaaz’ call. A traumatised Mr Sewnarain then phoned from a black township and told his children they had been hijacked on their way home. He said the hijackers had shot him in the arm ‘because they said he drove recklessly and they then threw him out of the vehicle’. He ran after the car with his wife in it until he fainted, he told his children. He then was dumped in Folweni township; where he was found by two men who took him to another good samaritan who helped him phone the police and his family.He was later taken to hospital. Police spokesman Colonel Jay Naicker said yesterday the police were awaiting key evidence to clarify things before making an arrest.- Sunday Tribune http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/wife-killed-in-second-shooting-1.1002947
OTHER SIMILAR INCIDENTS:
March 10 2010 – PRETORIA NORTH. Mr Johan Smit, the grieving father of 17-year-old Afrikaner teen Anika Smit, who was murdered at their Theresa Park, Pretoria North home on March 10 2010 – with her hands and forearms missing in a muti-style killing – was also ‘treated like a suspect’ by the SAPS, whose investigation has focussed completely on finding the killers among friends and family. http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Polisie-ondervra-Anika
Mr Fred van der Vyver, fiancee of Stellenbosch University student Inge Lotz, was put through the terror of a high-publicity murder-trial before he was found not guilty. The judge said when finding him innocent that he had ‘never seen such a botched-up police investigation in his life’, where the investigating police had even planted extensive evidence and perjured themselves to implicate the boyfriend. Vd Vyver now is suing the SA government for millions of Rands in damages in the High Court. http://censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com/2010/11/dutch-fingerprint-expert-arie.html
Afrikaner security-technician Riaan Petrus Velloen, 37, killed by Florida SAPS in custody – arrested for no reason at all – no charges against him
2010-11-29 Amanda Roestoff reports that 37-year-old Afrikaner security-cameras technician Riaan Petrus Velloen was beaten up so brutally by the Florida police in Roodepoort that he died in the police cells. There were no charges against Velloen when he died in police custody, said his mother-in-law Mrs Ria Hogan, 50, the grand-mother of his son Kevin Hogan, 15. “Police claim he was drunk but he was not a drinker. We don’t know why he was arrested and there have been no formal charges lodged through the charge office,’ she said. She said her daughter received a phone call from Riaan’s sister – who informed him that he was beaten to death in the police cells. SAPS spokesman Lt.col. Lungelo Dlamini confirmed that he ‘has died while in police-custody’ and that a ‘murder-dossier was opened to investigate ‘the incident’. Hogan said the family have no idea where he was arrested, or why. “It’s so heart-sore, because he was a kind, loving man who always tried to make you happy even if he had to put his own needs last. The police should be there to protect people – one cannot trust them any longer.’ His son Kevin was devastated about his father’s death. “He always listened to everything I ever told him and I will miss all the special things we did together. Velloen’s remains have not yet been released for burial because the investigation has not been completed. The SAPS ‘would not say whether any of the arresting officers would be criminally charged or prosecuted in an internal hearing…’ http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/Man-dood-in-selle-na-polisie-glo-aanrand-20101128
Pretoria High Court awards damages to false arrests, vicious beatings in SAPS custody:
Nov 23 2010 – Afrikaner farmer Willie Nel of Hammanskraal awarded R500,000 damages, wife Ester Nel R140,000 – Adv Marius Bouwer, then-operational commander of SAPS anti-corruption unit awarded R205,000 in damages by Pretoria High Court – all for false arrests and vicious beatings. torture in SAPS custody:http://censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com/2010/11/afrikaners-terrorised-from-public_26.html
Senior Limpopo detective Johan Fourie cleared of trumped-up ‘theft’ charges
Ex-cop Sakkie van der Mescht dumped in Rustenburg cell, threatened with gang-rape – forced to sign fake ‘confession’ to ‘crimen injuria’..
- 23/07/2008 Linda de Beer, Beeld – Rustenburg – A hunting trip turned into a nightmare for a former police officer when he was kept in a crowded cell for a weekend for trumped up ‘crimen injuria’ charges, along with people who assaulted him and wanted to rape him.These cellmates also ejaculated into his drinking water. Due to this hell he had to endure in the police cell, and after he was threatened with another seven days just like it, he pleaded guilty on June 30 in Madikwe Magistrate’s Court to a charge of crimen injuria. His lawyer is appealing against this verdict because it was extracted under extreme duress.
March 14 2010 – KOPPIES, Free State. Journalist Charles Smith of Volksblad newspaper reports that twenty-three year old Afrikaner farmer Chris Grobler and his foreman Eugene Lloyd both were illegally arrested and locked up for 48 hours in the Free State this past weekend without being booked in at the official police registry — for defending themselves against two men who had attacked them with knives. The two Afrikaners had made citizen’s arrests of the two attackers and the police were alerted – but only showed up a day later. And instead of arresting the attackers, the two white men were arrested when they went to the police station to make formal statements – and then their dockets were ‘lost’ for 48 hours while they were locked up in a large holding pen with dozens of aggressive black detainees. http://www.volksblad.com/Content/Suid-Afrika/Nuus/2114/a4d8f29425584edf86d3eee442d8be9a/17-03-2010-12-53/Boer_(23)_in_hegtenis_geneem_wat_plaasaanvaller_ontwapen
Two Marble Hall Afrikaner farmers were illegally thrown in a SAPS holding cell overnight – after handing over to police a knifeman who had stabbed and assaulted five farm-workers…
Dec 19 2008 – Beeld journalist Marietie Louw-Carstens reports that two Afrikaner farmers of Marble Hall, Emile Bloemhof, 34 and Albert Koltzov, 20, were arrested by the local police, locked up overnight and denied access to their lawyer. The two farmers had phoned the police, telling them to fetch a man named Ncube who had been captured by farm workers after the knifeman had just stabbed the wife of a farm foreman and assaulted four other workers. The farmers called the police and handed over the knifeman to the police. Instead the police locked up the farmers on charges of ‘attempted murder’.. and told them “you white shits you are going to die here with your money…’ However the farmers did not capture the knifeman, named Ncube – the workers did. Ncube had, according to these many witnesses, stabbed the farm foreman’s wife with a knife and assaulted four other people on the H73 farm in Marble Hall – after which a large group of farm workers had chased and captured him. The farmers had merely phoned the police to come and catch Ncube. The farmers’ legal representative Paul Coetzee said the farmers’ human rights have been severely abused by the police’s false accusations and summary arrest. The two Afrikaner men were dumped very hard-handedly in a police cell – and were then denied access to their lawyer by an inspector at the police station. The lawyer said he’d phoned the commander at Marble Hall police station, superintendent Caroline Mokatso – who claimed she ‘didn’t have the authority to grant me access to my clients’ – which he said is inaccurate and indeed illegal. The next day, the farmers were released from captivity by the local magistrate, who expressed disgust at their false arrest and threw the case out of court, saying ‘there wasn’t enough evidence to prove that the farmers had ever tried to kill this Ncube’. A complaint will now be lodged with the independent police directorate — much good it will do… Meanwhile nobody says what has happened to Ncube. http://www.news24.com/Beeld/Suid-Afrika/0,,3-975_2444257,00.html
566 deaths in SAPS custody thus far in 2010
This year thus far 566 people have died in SAPS custody from Jan to Nov 30 2010.
( Throughout the entire apartheid-era up to 75 people died in police-custody throughout the period between 1963 and 1994. Official reports – deaths in police custody during apartheid: