Whites punished too lightly for crimes
10 November 2010 Leave a comment
2010-11-09 The brand-new deputy Police minister Ms Maggie Sotyu introduced herself to the news media with an ‘anti-Boer’ racist rant in which she demanded that ‘whites should be punished more severely for crimes’.
She also made other unfounded racist allegations after the Centre for Studies of Violence and Reconciliation introduced their R3,5m research report entitled ‘Why South Africa is so violent and what we should be doing about it? , commissioned three years ago by a previous minister of safety and security.
- ‘South Africa one of the most dangerous places on the planet…’
- The report notes that South Africa now is one of the most dangerous places on the planet and submits recommendations to the government for tightening up their existing preventative measures and to introduce new ones.
“Violent young (black*) men with active criminal careers… willing to use extreme violence with a weapon..’
“The core of the problem of violent crime in SA is a subculture of violence and criminality characterised prominently by young men who are invested in a criminal identity and engaged in ‘criminal careers’ which involve active criminal lifestyles and often incorporate multiple forms of violent crime. These criminal young male gangs make common use of weapons – firearms, knives and other ‘sharp force instruments’. “The ability to operate and achieve credibility within this subculture is strongly related to one’s readiness to resort to extreme violence using a weapon…’ Violent offenders who engage in armed violence present the most danger to others and are what gives the current epidemic of violent crime in South Africa its most malevolent edge’.
“Those involved in the subculture range from criminals who operate as individual rapists or robbers – to large numbers affiliated to more formalised gangs. This is mostly concentrated in SA’s metropolitan areas.”summary http://www.csvr.org.za/docs/study/CSVRstatement091110.pdf
‘No explanations for the reasons why crime in SA is so violent..’
Parliamentarians were very unhappy with the report’s findings that South Africa has become one of the most violently-criminal countries on earth with a persistent culture of armed violence permeating all of society. They especially criticised the fact that the report had provided no explanations for the underlying reasons of the cruelty and violence with which South African crimes were so often carried out. They studied 1,200 murder-dockets to compile their report with.
- More affluent regions targetted by trio robberies are more violent than poorer ones…
- They noted that ‘trio robberies” account for “a substantial part of the most serious violence which takes place in more affluent communities but far less of this violence occurs in poorer communities.” http://www.csvr.org.za/docs/study/CSVRstatement091110.pdf
Lizel Steenkamp, veteran Afrikaans journalist at Die Burger newspaper in Cape Town, reported that the deputy-Police minister Sotyu responded to this report by slamming the current SA judicial system as ‘racist’ when addressing the news media afterwards.
She claimed – without providing any detailed proof of such incidents – that ‘a white person or Boer who drags a black worker behind his bakkie gets away with a R10,000 fine… However a black man who arrives to kill a white Boer gets a lifetime prison sentence. That’s racist politics. It’s high time that our courts realise that this is the New South Africa now.”
The parliamentary committee handling the Policing portfolio reportedly ‘ripped chunks out of the report’s findings’, writes Steenkamp. The SAPS directorate representative also claimed at the hearing that violent crimes in South Africa were ‘not extraordinary; several other countries have similar or even worse levels of violence.’
‘No explanations for the reasons why crime in SA is so violent..’
Parliamentary committee secretary Ms Jennifer Irish–Qhobosheane described the report as ‘unsatisfactory’. Other MPs also said the new report ‘provides no new insights or an explanation of the reasons why crime in South Africa is so extremely violent.’
ANC-MP Sindi Chikunga pointed out that for instance in the ‘democratic Congo which after years of warfare now is safe enough to enable people to make foreign-exchange transactions on the streets, there also is a flood of weapons (similar to South Africa) and Kinshasha is dirt-poor but their crime is not nearly as violent. What is so unique about the high level of violent crime in South Africa? I do not get any answer in your report,’ she stormed.
Why the torture and cruelty in farm murders where nothing gets robbed?
Freedom Front opposition party MP Pieter Groenewald specifically referred to the extreme cruelty and gruesomeness with which farm murders targetting white Afrikaners are so often carried out – and to which he also would like some answers.
“Elderly people are tortured with hot irons and the attackers flee without stealing anything. Why this inhumanity? The answers are absent (from this report),” he asked.
Director Adèle Kirsten said in her response to the parliamentary criticism that there is a “great variety of complicated reasons for such extremely cruel violence. You won’t get one easy answer to this problem – not with us and also not with international researchers,’ she said.
The Institute’s spokesman David Bruce also suggested that ‘alternative research such as psychological profiling of violent criminals’ would be needed to establish exactly what their motives are for such violence.
- contacts for journalists at the Centre for Studies of Violence and Reconciliation: Adele Kirsten – tel. 082-853-9776; David Bruce – 082-784-8616
* The violent crime incidents carried out by whites still remains low relative to their representation as a group despite their growing poverty and inability to access the labour market under restrictive ANC-labour laws – some 800,000 of the 3-million Afrikaners now live in destitution and homelessness in hundreds of squatter camps – yet the young Afrikaner men in these camps are not seen to organise into armed criminal groups as do the young black males in the townships. Recently the SAPS arrested ten Afrikaner men learning construction on a farm outside Balmoral and claimed in unsubstantiated media statements that the Afrikaner youths were being ‘trained for terrorist activities’ by a former commander of the 32nd. Battallion, Willem Ratte. However a month later, the SAPS was still unable to formulate any charges nor obtain any proof against them whatsoever – and the men were released on very low bail. Crimes amongst Afrikaners tend to concentrate on petty white collar crimes – theft and fraud mostly – and if there is violence it mostly targets family members; however their suicide rate is higher than the national average.
Even if the official investigation cannot find out why, Censorbugbear-Reports does have a very clear explanation as to why the ‘criminal violence’ is so extremely cruel when it targets the ‘more affluent’ (the ANC-code word for ‘whites”.
- The constant stream of hatespeech by black racists who actively encourage the annihiliation of all whites – one of their leading lights is Andile Mngxitama, paid policy advisor at the Foundation for Human Rights and a major organiser at the black-racist group Blackwash. (details below) Although he was actually found guilty by the Press Ombudsman for inciting racial hatred against whites in a City Press article in July this year – he still sits in his job at the FHR.
- Leading cabinet members and other black people of authority often issue public incitements against whites – the latest example being the rant delivered by the new deputy-police minister above…
Hatespeech from black racists incite blacks to kill all whites:
Andile Mngxitama: policy advisor at the EU-funded Human Rights Foundation and a prominent organiser of the ANC-linked black-racist group Blackwash – which bills itself as ‘a collective of blacks, by blacks and for blacks only”; poses as a black-consciousness group, with frequent rants against the ANC leadership… but whch through Andile Mngxitama has a cosy relationship with leading ANC-members…
At the height of the latest ‘xenophobic attacks’ in SA townships in April and May 2010 – which were downplayed in the SA news media – Blackwash for instance, distributed pamphlets urging black township dwellers to not target black migrants but to instead vent their anger on ‘settlers’ (i.e. whites). This distribution of pamphlets was organised by Andile Mngxitama (pictured above, right). He moreover was found guilty by the Press Ombudsman of “inciting violence against the Afrikaners of Ventersdorp, and against white settlers in general’ and for misleading readers with claims that a local black councillor had been ‘killed by racist whites’ when in fact the man had been murdered by another black man ten years earlier. He wrote this in a City Press newspaper article headlined “Blacks in Bondage’.
Blackwash pamphlet below
Mngxitama’s job-mandate as given by the Foundation for Human Rights was to ‘combat poverty and inequality’. However instead he concentrates on spreading as much hate-speech and false information against the country’s 3-million-strong Afrikaner minority as possible through the ANC-linked organisation Blackwash and also through his articles:
On July 13 2010, the Press Ombudsman ruled that the City Press article by Andile Mngxitama had ‘”falsely implied that Ventersdorp mayor Kabelo Mashi was killed by white racist extremists” when the mans in fact killed by another black man, Johannes Monatle, ten years earlier…
The City Press newspaper also was found guilty of “distributing false information regarding Afrikaners” in this article by the Blackwash organiser. The press ombudsman ruled that City Press had ‘breached the press code by publishing the opinion piece on 11 April 2010 headlined “Blacks in Bondage’’ by Andile Mngxitama, a policy advisor to the European Union-funded Foundation for Human Rights…
The employer of Mr Mncxitama, (his email is email@example.com) (Foundation for Human Rights) is run by influential ANC-members: chaired by Ms Louise Asmal, co-chaired by Judge Siraj Desai, and its treasurer is Jody Kollapen. It bills itself as ‘one of the primary indigenous grant-makers to the Human Rights sector in South Africa.” It was established through the 1996 cooperation agreement between the European Union and the South African government.
The South African government receives an annual € 122-million for all its ‘democracy and integration programmes’ through this agreement: the FHR states on its own website that its funding primarily comes from the European Union – but also from donors such as DCI, the Mott Foundation and Care International. The Foundation’s stated purpose is to raise grants with which “to combat poverty and inequality”… http://www.fhr.org.za/article.php?a_id=27
sources of the false arrest of Willem Ratte and nine other Afrikaner men at: http://censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com/2010/11/bomb-near-witbank-court-at-willem-ratte.html