Whites also have a right not to be killed…
28 October 2010 Leave a comment
A pro-Afrikaner/Boer movement in South Africa is actively seeking support overseas for their battle against what they refer to as the ‘genocide of the white people’. One of their leaders, writer and journalist Dr Dan Roodt gave an interview to “Russian Reporter” in which he explained why Russia should be interested in the fate of the Boer-Afrikaners of South Africa….
Q: Dr. Roodt, today you are leading organizations defending the rights of the Boers to preserve their culture and identity. Sixteen years ago, your nation ran South Africa. What has changed over time?
Dr Dan Roodt:
- Today, our Afrikaner/Boer people, along with the rest of the white population of South Africa has fallen victim to a physical- and cultural genocide. Over the past fifteen years, more than fifty thousand whites have been murdered and 200,000 women of all races were raped. The ANC-regime refers to this extraordinarily violent society as just ordinary ‘crime’ – however essentially these murders, armed attacks on family homes and rapes form an integral part of the policy of the African National Congress government which is gradually depriving us not only of our Afrikaans language and culture, but also stealing our land and our livelihoods.
- LIST OF NAMES OF MURDERED SA FARMERS:
You want to say that it is not just about the rampant crime?
- Crime has no race, but the violence by criminals is race-based. In our country, the murders, rapes and armed robberiesg are carried out primarily by blacks, not by Boers or English-speaking whites. When the leader of the ANC Youth League, Julius Malema publicly sings their genocidal hate-speech song Kill the Boer’, it is not surprising that his supporters are going to follow his advice by going out to kill us and plunder from us. These kind of songs and calls for murdering the whites also emanate from not only Malema, but have become commonplace at all the public meetings and demonstrations of the ANC. True, they issue these calls to kill us in their own tribal languages – and often when asked to translate will lie about it, saying that they sing about ‘peace and equality.”
- “Over the past few years more than 3,500 white farmers have been brutally murdered . They rape women in front of their husbands with the words “We give you AIDS.” All this is part of the policy of repression of whites through the use of violence, by armed attacks and by imprisonment on trumped-up charges, said Roodt.
Q Do you really want to say that things were better under apartheid?
- I was an opponent of apartheid and openly opposed this political credo. I believed that it was unfair that the black man was not allowed to sit next to me on a bus. Indeed, under apartheid, there was inequality between different race groups.
- However, if we talk about human rights, then let’s start with the right not to be killed, robbed, raped and being infected with AIDS by criminal rapists. These are far more important parameters of a human’s existence than discrimination of any kind. So I have to admit that the shortcomings of the former regime are childish pranks compared to the horrific violence happening in our country right now…
Question: “It seems you forget about the suppression of the black population, which has caused outrage around the world and led to the isolation of your country?”
- “Separate existence of the regime in South Africa was neither bloody nor repressive. From 1948 to 1994 in clashes with police killed 520 blacks. Compare this to 174,000 white and black people who were killed over the past fifteen years under the ANC-regime…
- Whites suffer more under the new regime – however the position of blacks has also deteriorated sharply.
- For instance, during apartheid from 1948 to 1994, the life expectancy for blacks increased from 38 to 64 years. Over the past fifteen years under the ANC-regime, life-expectancy has dropped by ten years and some 30% of the blacks infected by AIDS today. If you look at the situation objectively, the inevitable conclusion that they had incomparably better lives during apartheid”.
You want a return to apartheid?
No, of course not. We are fighting for autonomy for our Afrikaner/Boer people from which we want to form our own seperate State. After fifteen years of bad experiences under the system of ‘coexistence”, it is clear that we must find a new solution. I do not see our people survive any other way physically other than creating our own nation-state in parts of South Africa.
You can define the boundaries of a future state?
It is a matter of negotiations. Hopefully, we’ll find overseas partners that will help us to begin negotiations with the South African government. In this sense, we look towards Russial. .
Do you think that the Russians will understand you better than do others?
I think so. With all the differences between our two countries we both went through a process of disintegration. Only President F W de Klerk – referred to by many people as the SA Gorbachev, went much further…
However we Afrikaners have never forgotten the solidarity which the Russian people showed us during the Anglo-Boer War. We remember the hero of this war, Lieutenant Colonel Yevgeny Yakovlevich Maximov. We will never forget the name of a prominent politician, chairman of the Duma, Alexander Ivanovich Guchkov, who in 1899 arrived in the Transvaal Republic, together with his brother and helped the Boers in the war against the British invaders.
We also know about your song “Transvaal, Transvaal. Her last stanza, I would single out as especially important today for us:
- “Transvaal, Transvaal, my country…
- For falsehood God will punish us … reward us for the truth. “
But why today’s Russia to support the struggle for the independence of the Boers?
Why did Russia support us Boers one hundred years ago? They saw the injustice of the British invasion – they believed in us and were not disappointed. Today, Russia has not just been witness to the injustice of the international community on many issues. I can tell you that the various representatives of our people have repeatedly appealed to various international bodies. Unfortunately, the world simply ignores our pleas. If they were to come from Bosnian Muslims, the Palestinians or the Chechens, each incident however is “an international concern.” And no-one wants to talk about the genocide of the Boers and other whites in South Africa….
What are you going to do next?
We plan to hold an election only among the Afrikaner-Boers. We need to put forward our own new leaders who can re-unite our people and lead them forward in these troubled times. We have tried many different ways. Now it’s time to stop experimenting and just start to live independently as a nation-state. This is the only way out. We Boers have nowhere else to flee to. We never were colonialists and invaders of Africa. We have long been the true indigenous people of our country. We have mastered it, we have built it up, we have turned it into a blossoming garden. Other people arrived in SA only after we Boers had successfully developed this land.
Have you ever been to Russia?
No, but I really want to visit your great country. I want to thank the Russian people for their support in the Anglo-Boer War. And I hope that in our days we will find understanding in Russia.”